Limbo (stylized as LIMBO) is a puzzle-platform video game and the premiere title of independent Danish game developer Playdead. The game was released in July 2010 as a platform exclusive title on Xbox Live Arcade, and was later re-released as part of a retail game pack along with Trials HD and ‘Splosion Man in April 2011. Ports of the game to the PlayStation Network and Microsoft Windows via Steam were created by Playdead, released after the year-long Xbox 360 exclusivity period was completed. Limbo is a 2D sidescroller, incorporating a physics system that governs environmental objects and the player character. The player guides an unnamed boy through dangerous environments and traps as the boy searches for his sister. The developer built the game’s puzzles expecting the player to fail before finding the correct solution. Playdead called the style of play “trial and death”, and used visually gruesome imagery for the boy’s deaths to steer the player from unworkable solutions.
The game is presented primarily in monochromatic black-and-white tones, using lighting, film grain effects and minimal ambient sounds to create an eerie atmosphere often associated with the horror genre. Journalists praised the dark presentation, describing the work as comparable to film noir and German Expressionism. Based on its aesthetics, reviewers classified Limbo as an example of “video game as art”.
Limbo received positive reviews, but its minimal story polarized critics; some critics found the open-ended work to have deeper meaning that tied well with the game’s mechanics, while others believed the lack of significant plot and abrupt ending detracted from the game. A common point of criticism from reviewers was that the high cost of the game relative to its short length might deter players from purchasing the title, but some reviews proposed that Limbo had an ideal length. The title was the third-highest selling game on the Xbox Live Arcade service in 2010, generating around $7.5 million in revenue. The title won several awards from industry groups after its release, and was named as one of the top games for 2010 by several publications.
- Title : LIMBO
- Genre : Puzzle, Platform
- Developer : Playdead
- Publiser : Playdead
- Release Date : 21 July 2010
- Tipe : Offline
System Requirements Minimum :
- OS: Windows 7, Windows 8
- Processor: Intel Core duo-4460 (2.4 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (2GB) or better (DirectX 11 card Required)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Hard Drive: 28 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Link Download :
How to Install :
- Run limbo.exe
- DISABLE YOUR ANTIVIRUS BEFORE RUNNING ‘Setup.exe’ (IMPORTANT) to avoid any error message . (For avast users: Just Disable DeepScreen in antivirus settings)
- Block the game’s exe in your firewall to prevent the game from trying to go online
- If you install games to your systemdrive, it may be necessary to run this game with admin privileges instead.